Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon, an economy management strategy game with voxel graphics, will be released on Nintendo Switch on April 7th. It is a light and humorous game in which the player manages a drilling platform and can create their own mining empire. Last year, Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon came to PC, and is also expected to hit PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S in the next few months.
Developed by A2 Softworks and Manager Games S.A., the strategy title made its debut in March 2022 on PC, where it was well received by players. Currently, positive reviews for Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon make up 85% of all reviews on Steam. The studio that has been tasked with porting and publishing the game on the Nintendo Switch is Ultimate Games S.A.
Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon is a title that combines the features of economy management strategy games, simulators, and base-building games. The developers focused on charming voxel graphics, a humorous tone, and varied gameplay. The player is involved in the construction and development of a drilling platform as well as the actual extraction of raw materials.
The gameplay mechanics also include managing employees, taking care of technological progress, and responding to various emergencies (such as an earthquake or a pirate attack). As the developers point out, Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon offers a total of 8 different story scenarios with unique locations and challenges, as well as an unrestricted sandbox mode.
„Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon is unique not only because of its charming art style but also a well-balanced and varied gameplay experience. It’s an economy management strategy game which may appeal to players who enjoy such titles as Two Point Hospital, Factory Town, and Prison Architect,” says the CEO of Manager Games S.A., Tomasz Sobiecki.
Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon (main features):
- managing and developing a drilling platform;
- managing mining, technologies, and employees;
- voxel graphics;
- 8 varied story scenarios;
- feature-rich sandbox mode;
- event and expedition system;
- no less than a dozen hours of fun.
The release date for Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon on Nintendo Switch has been set to April 7th, 2023. The game will also be published on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S in the next few months.
- title: Drill Deal – Oil Tycoon
- genre: simulator, economy management strategy game, base building, leisure, voxel
- developer: A2 Softworks, Manager Games S.A., Ultimate Games S.A.
- publisher: Ultimate Games S.A.
- language: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- number of players: 1
- file size: 304 MB
- release date: 7.04.2023 (Nintendo Switch), 9.03.2022 (PC – Steam), 2023 (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S)